Despite good health and a reasonable level of fitness, our bodies can develop disproportionate contours or stubborn localized fat deposits. These problem areas can be frustrating and demotivate us from sticking to our fitness regimen and weight loss goals.
While there is no substitute for a healthy diet and consistent exercise, treatments exist that compliment and enhance existing fitness programs. New non-surgical and minimally invasive therapies can remove fat cells, smooth out the appearance of cellulite, and tighten skin. These treatments, combined with regular exercise, can act as motivation to stick with weight loss and fitness goals.
At Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery in Santa Rosa, CA, Dr. Chernoff and his body sculpting staff offers options to help you achieve your body shaping and contouring goals. If you are looking to remove unwanted fat deposits, tighten loose skin, reduce the appearance of cellulite, sculpt your abs, and other areas of your body, you can schedule your complimentary consultation to discuss our minimally invasive body shaping technologies and procedures.
What Treatments Exist for Fat Reduction, Cellulite Improvement & Skin Tightening?
- CoolSculpting is a non-surgical treatment that freezes and destroys fat cells. This no downtime treatment is excellent for targeting stubborn fat pockets on the body and under the chin. (View Before/After Photos)
- BodyTite (RF) treatment reduces fat and tightens skin. RF waves pass through the top layers of the skin and reach the subcutaneous fatty layer to reduce fat and cellulite. At the same time, RF energy passes through the dermal collagen layer to tighten the skin. Dr. Chernoff will often combine BodyTite with other treatments such as LipoSculpting. (View Before & After Photos)
- UltraSculpt is a non-invasive treatment that uses ultrasound and bio stimulation to target and reduce stored fat cells. The treatment uses high intensity pulses to activate muscles to burn up fat – similar to several hours of intense exercise. UltraSculpt is commonly used on the lower abdomen, thighs, buttocks, upper arms, and flanks. UltraSculpt can treat multiple areas in one session.
- CoolTone is a new noninvasive body contouring treatment that uses Magnetic Muscle Stimulation (MMS) technology to strengthen, tone, and firm the muscles of the abdomen, buttocks, and thighs.
- MicroNeedling RF is a fractionated collagen generating treatment that improves skin on the face and body. The treatment infuses skin with rejuvenating energy using a device with innovative fine needles. The needles create tiny punctures in the top layer of the skin triggering the body to create new collagen and elastin that remodel and improve skin. (View Before & After Photos)
- Surface RadioFreqency energy employs the power of thermal energy to shrink fat cells and stimulate and strengthen collagen. Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery offers two treatments using RF energy: Exillis and IntraGen. These treatments speed up the metabolic activity of fat cells causing the fat cells to shrink. At the same time, the RF energy stimulates and strengths collagen and elastin fibers for improved skin tone.
- LipoSculpting RF is a minimally invasive procedure performed by Dr. Chernoff that removes fat using liposuction and sculpts contours to create beautiful natural results. Additionally, Dr. Chernoff combines BodyTite RF with LipoSculpting to shrink excess tissue and tighten skin. (View Before & After Photos)
- Kybella fat dissolving injections use enzymes and proteins to open the fat cell membrane and release stored fat. Kybella is most often used under the chin.
What Treatments are Most Effective?
Dr. Chernoff’s patients have the best results when a treatment plan is matched with their specific concern and the patient follows the treatment plan. For example, some non-surgical treatments require consecutive sessions performed weekly. If a patient does not believe they can follow this plan, our office will suggest an alternative option that is more of a “one and done” type treatment.
What Causes Skin Laxity and Cellulite?
As we age, the collagen in our skin weakens. When skin is thinner and weakened, it can take on a lumpy and dimpled skin appearance, also known as the ‘cottage cheese’ appearance, associated with cellulite. Treatments, such as MicroNeedle RF that strengthen elastin and collagen fibers, combined with fat reducing treatments, improve the appearance tone and texture of skin.
Do Skin Tightening and Cellulite Creams Work?
Cellulite creams have a limited impact on actually reducing cellulite but are beneficial for maintaining skin tone. We suggest exclusive products that we offer to increase collagen and elastin fibers such as Alastin, DefenAge, and UnderSkin products. (Learn more about our products)
Is There a Lasting Treatment to Remove Fat?
Yes! We offer several treatments that remove fat with lasting results. LipoSculpting, also called Liposuction, is the most effective for removing fat in a single procedure. CoolSculpting is effective at removing a quarter of the targeted fat cells in the area treated. Most patients require several CoolSculpting treatments to reach their fat reduction goals. Other treatments such deep MicroNeedle RF can effectively remodel skin reducing fat and shrinking tissue.
Before considering fat reducing treatments, Dr. Chernoff and our Nurses reinforce that cosmetic treatments are not a replacement for regular exercise and proper nutrition. Individuals with stubborn areas of fat who exercise regularly are the best candidates for these procedures. The best plan is to use the body sculpting procedures as a reward for successfully sticking with your fitness regimen.
2021 ACHIEVE YOUR BODY SHAPING GOALS! ASK US HOW WE CAN HELP YOU!
Call 707-544-3232 or contact us to schedule your consultation.