Acne breakouts are frustrating enough, but the scars that those breakouts can leave behind are outright diabolical. The consensus is in, acne scars suck. Lucky for anyone struggling with acne scars, the Plastic Surgery Practice International Consensus is also in, and Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery has everything you need to battle those scars.
According to the 2022 International Consensus, acne is one of the most common and troublesome inflammatory skin diseases. Acne typically begins at puberty, affecting 95% to 100% of adolescent boys and 83% to 85% of adolescent girls which persists into adulthood in approximately 12%-14% cases.
The worst effect following acne is acne scarring, which burdens 95% of patients. The most common types of acne scarring are atrophic scars, which is defined as an indented scar that heals below the normal layer of skin tissue. These scars form when the skin is unable to regenerate enough tissue and collagen while the acne is healing.
There are three types of atrophic scars:
- BOXCAR: Wide, U-shaped scars with sharp edges. Boxcar scars can be shallow or deep. The shallower the scar, the better they respond to skin resurfacing treatments.
- ICE PICK: V-shaped scars that can go deep into the skin. Ice pick scars are narrow and can look like small round or oval holes in the skin. These scars can be difficult to treat as they extend far under the surface of the skin.
- ROLLING: Rolling scars are wide depressions that typically have rounded edges and an irregular, rolling appearance.
COMPREHENSIVE & EFFECTIVE ACNE SCARRING TREATMENT OPTIONS
The Plastic Surgery Practice 2022 International Consensus for Acne Scar Treatments has recommended a variety of laser treatments and a combination of modalities to manage and reduce the appearance of acne scars. Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery offers the latest advancements and the most comprehensive treatment options for various types of acne and acne scarring.
Laser Treatments – One of the most successful laser treatments that the 2022 International Consensus found to reduce the appearance of acne scars is CO2 Laser Resurfacing. Dr. Chernoff is a laser specialist and among some of the most experienced cosmetic CO2 laser surgeons in the country. CO2 laser resurfacing works by removing the outer layer of skin, the epidermis, and heats the underlying skin, the dermis. This stimulates the growth of new collagen fibers. As the epidermis heals and regrows, the treated skin appears clearer, smoother, and tighter.
Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery also offers an extremely effective in-office fractionated CO2 laser called the Dermal Optical Thermolysis (DOT) Laser. DOT therapy uses a fractionated CO2 laser to precisely create thousands of microscopic penetration points (DOT’s) in the skin. These penetration points induce collagen and elastin production to improve the skin’s texture and quality as it reduces the appearance of acne scarring.
The Plastic Surgery Practice 2022 International Consensus for Acne Scar Treatments found that CO2 laser resurfacing and fractional CO2 laser treatments improved acne scars in over 77% of patients.
Radiofrequency (RF) Microneedling – The 2022 International Consensus also found major improvement in the appearance of acne scars for patients who were consistently treated with Microneedle RF. This treatment combines fractional radio frequency delivered into the skin using insulated Microneedles. Microneedle RF is helpful for improving a variety of skin conditions such as acne scars, fine lines and wrinkles, large pores, and various skin irregularities. IntraCel is one of our signature skin rejuvenation treatments developed by Dr. Chernoff and is exclusively offered at Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery.
JOIN THE CLEAR SKIN CLUB!
At Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery, we understand that acne and acne scars can devastate one’s confidence. That is why our team of medical experts is dedicated to helping treat and prevent all types of acne and scarring. We provide a variety of acne treatments and preventative services through our exclusive Clear Skin Club that provides patients with regular scheduled acne treatments for blemish free skin. Dr. Chernoff and our Medical Aestheticians will first conduct a comprehensive, in-depth consultation to diagnose the type of acne and create an effective treatment plan based upon the type and severity of the acne. Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery’s Clear Skin Club is dedicated to treating patients with all types of acne and acne scarring.
Our patients who suffer from acne have the best results when they receive consistent and regularly scheduled treatment. Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery’s Clear Skin Club offers patients a customized treatment and prevention program at a reduced cost. Members of the Clear Skin Club pay a monthly membership fee that includes clinic visits, laser therapy and skin treatments. Our Clear Skin Club’s proven results has helped our patients reduce acne and maintain a clear complexion.
From a 3D skincare analysis, professional products and medical grade treatments, our patients look and feel their natural best after every visit. During our patient’s initial consultation, a variety of clinical photos are taken to monitor the progress as we work to heal and prevent acne. We offer state-of-the-art technology to provide tools for a thorough understanding of the results from the procedures for our patients. The QuantifiCare 3D camera system, awarded Best Aesthetic Device, illustrates the face in 3D for assessing patients where meticulous detail of skin conditions is required.
Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery Spa and Aesthetics is comprehensive, medically supervised and evidence based. Our services and treatments are based on science and Dr. Chernoff’s expertise as he is an expert in preventing and correcting acne and acne scars, using innovative combination therapies and advanced nutrient-based formulations.
OUR MULTI-MODALITY APPROACH TO ACNE TREATMENT
We believe in a multi-modality approach and have seen the best results with a combination of laser and facial therapies. Our Clear Skin Club provides our members with multiple monthly visits to create a regimen that works.
Aerolase – Our Aerolase laser is used to combat active acne by shrinking the sebaceous glands, decreasing inflamed blood vessels, reducing pigment variations, and improving the overall skin tone and quality.
We offer a variety of skin refining treatments that improve and enhance skin. Our top facial treatments for combatting and preventing acne are:
- HydraFacial – Perfect for oily, acne prone, and problematic skin. This facial detoxifies, exfoliates, and protects the skin by combining alpha, beta, and glycolic acids with other powerful antioxidants that leave the skin healthy and hydrated.
- Chemical Peels – Medical grade retinoic and salicylic acids comfortably exfoliate to improve skin texture and quality as well as combatting active acne. We offer three levels of professional and targeted peels to accommodate most skin types.
- SaltFacial – Three innovative technologies in one procedure to restore the skin using natural sea salt exfoliation, replenish the skin using aesthetic ultrasound and rejuvenate the skin with LED phototherapy. The SaltFacial is beneficial and safe for multiple skin types and tones.
- Cryo-Therapy – Reduces inflammation, stimulates collagen, improves skin texture, reduces acne, improves healing, and reduces pain. Cryo-Therapy increases blood flow to the skin for a vibrant and revived complexion.
- LED Light Therapy – Increases circulation, promotes healing, reduces inflammation, and kills acne causing bacteria.
These technologies along with Dr. Chernoff’s extensive experience and expertise allows our office to offer innovative and effective therapies. Our office has helped thousands of people improve their acne and acne scarring.