Achieving the perfect smile starts with enhancing the shape, volume, and proportion of the lips, and lip filler is one of the most effective ways to do so. With an artistic touch and professional approach, the Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery team offers personalized lip filler treatments to give you the results you desire. So, if you’re new to treatment, keep reading to learn all about the process in our beginner’s guide to lip fillers.
All About Lip Filler
Lip fillers are one of our most popular, non-invasive, injectable treatment options. Most lip fillers are made of hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally occurring substance in our bodies that plays a pivotal role in retaining moisture. When used as a filler, hyaluronic acid acts as a volumizer that enhances the lips by adding shape, structure, and volume.
There are two key advantages of lip fillers that make them a popular choice for many Chernoff Plastic Surgery patients.
While other facial enhancement techniques may require surgery, which could involve more permanent alterations, lip fillers can give you optimal results using non-invasive methods. This gives our patients an easier recovery period and the option to reverse treatments if desired.
The beauty of hyaluronic acid-based fillers lies in their adaptability. Our providers can easily control the amount that they inject into the skin, which allows for a more customized approach, be it a subtle enhancement or a more dramatic transformation.
What to Expect
Understanding what to expect from your first lip filler procedure can go a long way toward making you feel more comfortable in our Indianapolis office. Here’s a step-by-step guide outlining what a traditional filler session looks like.
Start with a Consultation
Before any procedure at Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery, you’ll meet with a trained and certified provider for a thorough consultation. This time allows our team to assess your candidacy for the procedure, answer your questions, and determine the best approach to meet your needs.
Administering the Injection
Using a fine needle, we’ll carefully inject the hyaluronic acid filler into targeted areas of the lips to determine the shape, symmetry, and volume of the final result. This step typically takes 15-20 minutes, depending on your desired outcome and individual needs.
Massaging the Injection Site
Post-injection, we may gently massage the lips to distribute the filler evenly. Doing so can help us identify any minor inconsistencies and ensure that your filler gives you a smoother and more natural look overall.
Once the procedure is complete, you might notice some swelling, redness, or slight bruising. This is entirely normal and should subside within a few days. Feel free to apply a cold compress to reduce the swelling, and be sure to follow all of your provider’s instructions for aftercare.
The beauty of lip fillers is that the results are almost immediate. Within just a few days, your lips should appear fuller, more defined, and beautifully shaped than ever before.
FAQs About Lip Filler
Am I a good candidate for lip filler?
Getting lip filler can be a transformative procedure, but it is not suitable for everyone. Determining if you’re an ideal candidate involves considering both your physical health and your aesthetic goals.
- Aesthetic Goals: Ideal candidates are usually looking to enhance the volume, shape, or symmetry of their lips. Whether you’re looking for a subtle enhancement or a more pronounced change, it’s essential to have realistic expectations and communicate openly with your cosmetic professional.
- Health Considerations: It is best to avoid getting lip filler if you have any active skin infections, cold sores, or certain allergies. If you have a history of severe allergies, especially to lidocaine or other filler components, you should exercise caution and talk with your provider before moving forward.
- Previous Procedures: If you’ve had any prior lip surgeries or treatments, be sure to discuss these with your provider, as they might influence the outcome or technique.
- Lifestyle and Medications: Some medications and supplements can increase the risk of bruising. It’s essential to provide a full medical history to your provider during your consultation.
- Commitment to Follow-Up: While lip fillers are relatively low-maintenance, periodic touch-ups may be required to maintain optimal results. Being open to this commitment ensures long-lasting satisfaction.
Are there any side effects?
It is common for patients to experience immediate side effects like swelling, redness, and tenderness at the injection site. These effects are typically mild and subside within a few days.
It’s critical to your final results that you follow all aftercare instructions provided by your provider and report any prolonged or severe side effects.
How long does lip filler last?
You can typically expect the effects of hyaluronic acid-based fillers to last between 6 to 12 months. However, it is important to understand that the exact estimate can vary based on individual factors like metabolism, the specific type of filler used, and lifestyle habits.
Because of these factors, we offer follow-up appointments to maintain your desired volume and shape for the long term.
Trust the Experience at Chernoff Plastic Surgery
Whether you’re looking to enhance the shape or volume of your lips, restore acne-prone skin, or sculpt the contours of your body, Dr. Chernoff has the artistic and professional experience to give you the results you desire. Take the first step toward your natural best ideal – schedule your consultation at Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery in Indianapolis today! Coming Soon!